Sunday 16 March 2014

Writing grouping

How am I catering for my target kids at writing?

Having a ahha! Moment in the shower, as you do, I wanted to expose the lower ability children to quality pieces of writing. In comes mixed ability groupings. How exciting! 

A few things had to change to allow quality vs quantity. Seeing one writing group a day, with the other groups on other writing tasks. (Comic life, quad blogging, printing, free choice writing).

I've had two weeks and I love it! Not all the low and slow kids are grouped together, the target kids get a better slice of my time as they are near me in the groupings, they are sharing their work with kore people more often and they will be getting advice from their peers (term 2's goal). 

Also using our modelling book more and as a reference tool lets the children see aspects of what a great writer needs. 

AND... I have their writing goal sheets ready to go for week 10, it's taken a while to tackle this but I have overhauled it and all good things take time : )

No comments:

Post a Comment