Wednesday 9 April 2014

Individual Learning Goals



Today the children received their writing goal cards, after reviewing their writing samples and other pieces of work I found their next steps.

Because the writing groups are mixed ability some children have different goals.  Initially this was hard to juggle.  So using their latest piece of writing about camp together we went looking (being detectives) for evidence of their writing goal.  Some achieved it so they highlighted, others didn't (especially the ones who had to use talking in my writing) so using a green pen they edited and added talking with support from me to use speech marks correctly.

I have one as well, which is the class goal of adding more information/detail to my writing.

Next week I will continue to model how to use their writing goal cards.

Using pictures/icons below helps the children who have LD, also they look cute : )



On the flip side are varying levels of HFW or dictionaries, so come back to read about the spelling programme I use in my class.


No comments:

Post a Comment