Monday 1 September 2014

Best thing since sliced bread!

Where do I start?  Let's start with the frustrations of children publishing

  • Time consuming when typing into a "word document"
  • Forget to save and loose their work
  • Lent computer out to another classroom, therefore the publisher cannot finish their work
  • I type their stories up because I am faster and accurate (no ownership)

Now enter the saviour!...

Google docs

The only frustration I have... I don't have enough computers!!


  • Ownership for the child's writing (seeing the whole process)
  • Develop typing skills
  • Develop and fine tune editing/proof reading skills
  • Instantly share with others
  • Use any device!
  • Complete at home if needed


My next steps are to get parents to share their email addresses so children can share their work with their parents.  I can see the comments being a powerful tool for a lot of kids. This will be my next teaching point, sharing and collaborating!

No comments:

Post a Comment