Monday 5 May 2014

Shared reading

I have been focusing on reading fluency as I found at the beginning of the year children were word reading, thinking it might've been a "holiday" mishap, I left it thinking it would improve.  It did not. So where to next?
What am I targeting?
What value am I adding?

Firstly sharing WALT with home on our shared poems to help parents with our focus.

Using voice memo app for the children to "hear themselves" reading.

Modelling what GREAT readers sound like when reading to the children.

During guided reading time implementing strategies I used in reading recovery helped targeted specific children as well as using the buddy system to check how their reading was sounding (thumbs up, down and sideways for self and peer assessment).  Phrasing, masking, re-reading and reading.

Great resources on fluency!

Shared-reading

louise dempsey shared reading.pdf

fluency app


No comments:

Post a Comment